Date Last Revised: January 27, 2016
- Are available through our services;
- That we control, or own; or
We regularly evaluate our privacy policies and adapt them as necessary to deal with new challenges. The term "Personal Information" means any information which identifies an individual and includes, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, fax number or email address but excludes business contact information.
We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of any Personal Information in our possession. We aim to safeguard our users against identity theft and/or other related illicit use of our users’ personal information through the use of commercially reasonable methods to secure your Personal Information in our files and systems.
2. Your Privacy and Personal Information is not for Sale; Minors
We are concerned about controlling unsolicited commercial e-mail, or "spam". We do not sell, lease or rent our e-mail subscriber lists to third parties who might use that information to spam our users. While we continue to review and implement new technology, we cannot guarantee that there is any technology that will totally prevent the transmission of unsolicited e-mail. Using junk e-mail tools and being cautious about the sharing of your e-mail address(es) in our public forums or blogs will reduce the amount of unsolicited e-mail you receive. Simply put, we do not and will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone, for any reason, at any time. In the event that you access the Services, as brought to you by one of our co-brand partners, through a co-branded URL, your email address used for registration on the Services may be provided to that co-brand partner.
The Services are intended for money management by adults and are not intended for use by minors. Accordingly we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from or about minors below the age of 18.
3. Collection of Information
Although you can access some of our Services without registration (for example, browsing the Website), the core features of our Services require registration. We also collect information (both personal and non-personal) to provide or improve services offered to all of our users. We collect information primarily in two ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to register. In this case we will ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number, zip code or credit card and a user name, if you want to participate in our forum boards (collectively "Registration Information" ). If you want to benefit from the full functionality of the Services (for example, syncing with financial institutions), you will have to provide your third party account details that will allow us to access your financial data at those other financial institutions ( "Account Information" ). We may, from time to time, request other Personal Information to provide you with other benefits of the Services. We do not collect and use extra information without your consent.
Information we get from your use of our Services.
We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like
when you visit a website that uses our advertising services. This includes the
information collected from the use of: cookies, web beacons and other anonymous
identifiers. In addition to any Personal Information or other information that you
choose to submit to us, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety
of technologies that automatically (or passively) collect certain information whenever
you visit or interact with the Services. This information may include the browser that
you are using, the URL that referred you to our Services, the version of the App you
are using, all of the areas within our Services that you visit, and the time of day,
among other information. We may use the collected information in an anonymized
aggregate way (meaning it is not personally identifiable in this state) for a variety
of purposes, including enhancing or otherwise improving and promoting our Services
among others. In addition, we collect your IP address or other unique identifier for
your computer, mobile or other device used to access the Services.
- Web beacons - web beacons are images (single-pixel gifs) embedded in a web page or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing site usage and activity. Web beacons or similar technologies help us better manage content on our Services by informing us what content is effective, count users of the Services, monitor how users navigate the Services, count how many e-mails that we send were actually opened or count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed. We do not tie the information gathered by web beacons to our users’ Personal Information.
- Geo-location Services – if you enable location-based services on your mobile device (including smartphones, laptops and tablets), we will be able to collect location-based information including for the purposes of your creating and being able to access a transaction chart or map showing the geographical location of transactions concluded by you. You can control the sharing of location-based information by using the features of your device. For transaction mapping, the Services work by either matching the store name, vendor number and other details from your card information retrieved during synchronization with your financial institution or by accessing the geo-location data for transactions manually input into your Fentury account using your mobile device.
4. Use of Information
Use of Personal Information.
We use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
- To provide the Services to you including providing updates on the Services and responding to your requests.
- To bill and collect money owed to us. This includes sending you e-mails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number.
- To send you system alert messages.
- To enforce compliance with our Terms of Service and applicable law.
- To provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of our users and third parties, as well as our own.
- To support and improve the Services we offer.
- To communicate with you about your account for informational, not promotional, reasons.
- To send you informational and promotional content that you have opted-in to receive. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
- We provide our registered users with summaries of their accounts and email alerts. From time to time, we may transmit emails promoting our products or services or third-party goods or services. Any subscriber wishing to opt-out of receiving our promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions may do so by following the instructions in the emails. User should note that opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as email alerts on transactions and updates to our legal terms.
- User Personal Information may be visible to our technicians and IT staff when they are troubleshooting and analyzing data import errors and other technical errors that may occur during use of the Services.
Use of Non-Personal Information.
We may make anonymous or aggregate Personal Information and disclose such data
only in a non-personally identifiable manner including to:
- Advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes, such as the number of users who applied for a credit card or how many users clicked on a particular Fentury Partner Offer;
- Organizations approved by us that conduct research into consumer spending; and
- Users of the Service for purposes of comparison of their personal financial situation relative to the broader community.
Such non-personal information cannot identify you individually. We strictly restricts access to your Registration Information, account credentials and Account Information, as well as use of any other Personal Information you provide in accordance with specific internal procedures and safeguard governing access, in order to operate, develop or improve the Service. We carefully select these individuals privileged with access to personal user information in accordance with our security policies and practices and the individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations.
5. Third-Party Sites and Advertising
6. Blogs and other Forums on our Website
Information submitted by users in public forums such as the bulletin board, blog or chat rooms on the Website and through the App can be accessed, read and used by other users. Please exercise good judgment when providing Personal Information to other users or third parties through the public areas of the Services. Such information can also be used to send you spam and other unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for any damage incurred whatsoever, whether known or unknown, resulting from the use of your Personal Information by third parties which you submitted on any forum or blog on our Website. These forums may be hosted by us or by one of our third party service providers on our behalf. We encourage all users to embrace pseudonymous identities especially when you are in our public forums, blogs or any other public aspects of the Website thereof.
7. Contests, Giveaways and Surveys
8. Situations that may Compel us to Disclose your Personal Information
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right (and you authorize us) to share or disclose your Personal Information when we determine, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate:
- To enforce our rights against you or in connection with a breach by you of the Fentury Terms of Service;
- To help curb prohibited or illegal activities that affect or damage our interests;
- When demanded by any applicable law, existing regulation, subpoena or other legal process; or
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, like attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
9. Transfer of Ownership
10. Data Deletion Policy
You have the right to request that your Personal Information be deleted from our primary production servers. You own your data. Anytime you want your data removed from our system, you can request us to delete your account from our production servers. As a result, your data will be excised permanently from our production servers and further access to your account will be impossible. Additionally, any connection we had established to your Account Information will be disconnected. Generally data deletion including account deletion takes a few minutes only, but deletion of all data from our servers will take 2-4 weeks from request. However, for purposes of ensuring continued ability to serve you in case of malfunction or damage to our production servers, we retain backups of portions of your data derived from your Account Information on our production servers. Your aggregated data is stored in these servers indefinitely. We reserve the right use any aggregated or anonymous data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of account registration. If your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer desire our Services, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change at any time via the Service. However, in some instances we cannot delete all information we hold about you. Please see further: Data Retention.
11. Data Security
- Online Confidentiality
- Notice of Breach of Security
- Safeguarding Your Information
Nobody is safe from hackers. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you or people on your distribution lists, then we will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Our service ensures secure communications with encryption. From the time you submit your login and password, these communications between your computer and our Website are encrypted. This enables client and server applications to communicate in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping, tampering and message forgery. To maintain your security of online sessions, and to protect Fentury accounts and systems from unauthorized access, we use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others. Our system will always prompt you to enter your password for your privacy and security. The information that is collected, for example your registration details, is transmitted securely to our servers. Our servers may be located in different countries and the local authorities of these countries may request access to the data located on these servers. For more information please contact us. Access to our systems requires multiple levels of authentication, including biometrics recognition procedures. Security personnel monitor the system 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Our databases are both physically and logically protected from general employee access. We enforce physical controls to our building. We make sure that your Service password is encrypted such that it can never be recovered even by us. No employee of ours whether knowingly or unknowingly should put any sensitive content on any insecure machine. We have been verified for our use of SSL encryption technologies and audited for our privacy practices. We test the Website and App for any failure points that would allow hacking. However, it is important to understand that these precautions apply only to our Website and systems. We exercise no control over how your information is stored, maintained or displayed by third parties or on third-party sites.
12. Access and Accuracy
You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information, although in certain limited circumstances we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We use our commercially reasonable efforts to keep your information accurate. However we do not guarantee that information imported through the Services is accurate, error-free and up-to-date. But we will do our best to fix any detected errors or inconsistencies. You will have the ability, via Salt Edge Connect to update your credentials or destroy all data by deleting the connection to the financial institution. Account Information and transaction data cannot be updated by us since it is imported from the financial institution.
13. Data Retention
15. Contact us
35 Jack Aaron Drive