The basic concept behind Fentury is to help you see all your accounts in one place. You can import your bank and card accounts, e-wallets, accounts with payment system providers, as well as create wallets to manage your cash flow. As different people have different sets of accounts, Fentury allows you to connect any number of banks and create as many wallets as you need.
In this section you’ll learn how to:
- Connect your bank account
- Import from different app
- Import your bank statement
- Add wallet
- Manage your accounts
- Export data from Fentury
Connect your bank account
We are connected to the SaltEdge API which supports more than 2,500 providers in more than 50 countries (including such online payment systems and e-wallets as Paypal, Payoneer, Yandex.Money, Coinbase). You can check the full list of supported providers here.
You can connect your bank account from the Overview left side menu > 'Connect bank' button
You’ll be redirected to the connect page, where you can type in your bank name. Choose your bank from the drop-down list and press ‘Proceed’. The bank connection procedure is the same as in your internet banking system. If your bank requests your login and password, or you need to answer a specific question or insert your SMS confirmation code, all these steps will be shown on the ‘Connection page’.
If you can’t find your bank or you’ve received an error, please report the issue on our forum.
Import from different app
We support import of statements from such apps as QuickBooks, Mint, Home Finance, InEx Finance, Coin Keeper, and many others. You can see the full list of other providers here.
Below you can find a detailed guide on how to import your financial data from other application based on the InEx Finance example. To import your data from any other app, export your transaction history in a similar way and enter the relevant app name in Step 5.
- Log into your InEx account and go to Setting -> Backup;
- Click the “Save” button to create and automatically download your unique InEx transaction history file in a .zip format;
- Register your account at www.fentury.com;
- During your Welcome Tour select the “Connect a Bank” option;
- Type in “InEx” and select the “InEx JSON” option;
- Extract your .json file from the .zip file you have downloaded earlier and drag it into the relevant field, then click “Upload”
Importing Bank statements
Importing bank statements is similar to uploading your application data:
- Export the file from your bank’s web interface;
- Follow the above procedure starting with Step 5 and entering your Bank name and selecting the correct file type: OFX, CSV, XLS, QIF, or SWIFT. This will be indicated in the file you downloaded from your bank.
Write your new wallet’s name, insert the amount of money you currently have and choose the currency you need.
From the Accounts page, press ‘Create wallet’ button and insert the name, starting balance, choose the currency you need.
Note: You can’t change the currency of your manual account once it's been created.
Manage your accounts
There is a slight difference between management of the bank accounts and wallets. There are specific options for the bank account, which you won’t find in wallet and vice-versa. But no worries, this guideline describes in detail both options: how to manage your bank accounts and wallets.
You can view the full list of your accounts and make any changes from the main menu > More> Accounts.
Manage your bank accounts
You can ‘Refresh’ or ‘Reconnect’ your bank account data.
You won’t be able to refresh your bank account if your last update was done in the past hour.
If the login system of your internet banking has some additional identification steps (captcha, SMS & token code confirmation, etc.), you’ll be redirected to the connect page, where you’ll need to pass the identification step.
You can also delete your bank account by choosing the ‘Delete’ option. A new window will pop up with several options.
If you want to destroy only the connection with your bank account, but leave all the transactions in the system, choose ‘Destroy only the connection’. Thus your bank account will become a manual one and all your data will be saved in the system.
If you want to destroy your bank account connection and delete all the transactions linked to this account from the system, choose ‘Destroy connection with all related data’ option.
If you have chosen ‘Delete’ option by mistake, press ‘Cancel’ button.
Manage your wallets
If you want to perform some action with your current wallet, go to main menu > more > Accounts page.
You’ll have possibility to disable or enable your current wallet from the list of wallets.
'Disable' option (Off - switch box) helps you to close your account, but save all the transactions linked to it. You won’t be able to create any transactions or perform some other actions with this wallet while it’s disabled. Enable the account (On - switch box) in order to use it again.
'Ignore balance' option allows to exclude the account balance from 'Total Balance' and 'Reports'. You will be able to manually include this specific account balance in reports.
Note: You can change only the initial balance of a wallet, but you can not change its current balance or currency.
If you want to change your wallet currency or balance, you can create a new wallet and disable the old one.
If you want to erase your wallet and all the transactions linked to it, choose ‘Delete’ option.
Export data from Fentury
We offer an easy and quick way to export your Fentury data into a .CSV file.
Below you can find a detailed guide on how to export your financial data from Fentury based on the Excel example. To export your data to any other program, such as Open Office Calc, download your transaction history in a similar way and choose the relevant option in Step 5. You can also upload it to a Google Doc in your browser.
- Log into your Fentury account and go to Transactions -> Transactions menu on the left side -> Click the “Transaction filter” button;
- Select the period of time, types of transactions, accounts and categories for the report and click the “Apply filters” button;
- Go to the footer and click the “Download” button to create and automatically download your unique Fentury transaction history file in a .csv format;
- Go to “Downloads” folder on your computer;
- Right click on the .csv file -> “Open with”;
- Select “Excel” and tick the option “Always use this app to open .csv files” at the bottom of the menu;
- The data is exported in form of a table.